PS4 Mobile Device Cable Firmware Update for XP510, PX51, Phantom
NOTE: This update does not enable the headset to pair with the PS4 via Bluetooth. Bluetooth Headsets cannot pair to the PS4 for chat due to bluetooth limitations in the console. Sony has confirmed this here.
The following only applies to the XP510, PX51, and Phantom:
The Mobile Adapter cable is included with the XP510, PX51, and Phantom. It can be used as a PS4 Chat Cable after updating the headset's firmware. Here's how to get the update for PX51, XP510, and Phantom:
1. Download and install the latest version of the Ear Force Audio Hub software for Windows or Mac. Click here to start the download:
2. Once installation is complete, open the Ear Force Audio Hub software.
3. Connect your headset to your PC via the included USB Programming/Data Cable (not the longer, thinner Charging cable).
4. The Ear Force Audio Hub will detect that a headset is plugged in and the main Ear Force Audio Hub screen will appear. NOTE: This screen varies if you have the Audio Hub for Mac, but you will be automatically prompted to update the firmware.
5. Select 'Update Available', then 'Yes' when prompted to install the new firmware update. DO NOT DISCONNECT the headset until you see the prompt 'Update Completed Successfully!'
6. When the update is complete, disconnect your headset from your PC. Power the headset off, then back on.
7. Long-press the MODE button on your headset to switch to PS4 Mode. A voice prompt in the headset will announce "PlayStation 4". Headset must be in PS4 Mode for PS4 Chat to work. You will need to hold the MODE button longer than you normally would to change between Game/Music/Movie modes.
8. Connect headset to PS4 Controller using the Mobile Adapter Cable, then go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Output To Headphones and select Chat Audio.
After following the steps above, make sure your hardware is set up properly according to this link: PS4 Connectivity Diagram
For PS4 Chat Cable Settings, click here: PS4 Chat Cable Setup and Guidelines
For additional info, including PS4 setup diagrams, please visit: Turtle Beach Connect Portal