The following article contains instructions for the best way to set up the Recon 50X headset with your Xbox One console.
CONNECTIONS AND SETTINGS
The Recon 50X headset is a plug-and-play headset; once the headset is plugged in and the settings are configured, the headset will be ready for use.
1. Some controllers will have a 3.5mm headset jack. For these controllers, you can plug the headset directly into that headset jack, as shown below.
Other controllers (original Xbox One controllers included) do not have that 3.5mm headset jack. For those controllers, you'll need an adapter like the Headset Audio Controller adapter (pictured below); you can plug the headset into the HAC adapter, and then plug the HAC adapter into the controller. For more information about how to connect the HAC adapter to the Xbox One controller, please click here.
2. Press the Xbox Button while in the Xbox One's Home Screen.
3. Go to the System tab (gear icon) >> Audio.
You will see the following screen:
- Headset Volume will control the overall/Master Volume (game and chat) audio through the headset. This should be set all the way to the right side.
- Headset Chat Mixer will adjust the Game/Chat balance you hear in the headset. If the slider is set towards the right side/Chat icon, the Chat audio will be louder than the Game audio. If the slider is set towards the left side/Game icon, the Game audio will be louder than the Chat audio. This should be set to your preferred Game/Chat balance.
- Mic Monitoring will control the Mic Monitor volume. This is a feature that allows you to hear your own voice through the headset when you speak into the mic. This should be set all the way to the right side, or to your preferred Mic Monitor level.
WINDOWS SONIC SURROUND SOUND
Microsoft recently introduced Windows Sonic Surround Sound for Xbox One, which means that a gaming headset connected directly to the controller or to the console’s USB/Optical ports can now deliver immersive virtual surround sound.
Additionally, you’ll be able to choose between Windows Sonic for Headphones (which is free), or Dolby Atmos for Headphones (sold separately). Whatever you decide, having surround sound provides a much more in-depth experience, and even offers a competitive advantage, so make sure you give it a try.
WINDOWS SONIC - SETUP
Here’s how to set up your Recon 50X headset with Windows Sonic Surround Sound:
1. Press the Xbox button on the controller while in the Xbox One Home Screen.
2. Go to the System tab (gear icon) >> Settings >> General >> Volume & Audio Output
3. Set Headset Audio Headset Format to Windows Sonic for Headphones.*
*At this point, you can also select Dolby Atmos for Headphones, if applicable. (sold separately).