1. Download the DTS Headphone:X Surround Driver here.
2. Plug the Stealth 450 Transmitter into an open USB Port, and allow Windows Automatic Installation to occur. This may take a couple of minutes.
3. Run the Installer.
4. A window will open, asking Do you want to run this file? Select Run to continue.
5. Select Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 450 if prompted.
6. The software will install. When installation is complete, a window will open, showing that it was a success.
7. You will be prompted to restart your computer.
8. After your computer re-starts, you will need to configure the settings. With the Headset and Transmitter plugged into the computer, right-click the Speaker Icon in the bottom-right corner of your taskbar. Then, Right-click Playback Devices.
9. Right-click Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 450, and select "Set As Default Device".
10. Click the Configure button () -- located at the bottom-left of the window -- and set the configuration to 7.1 Surround Sound.
11. In the Playback Devices list, right-click Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 450 again and select Properties.
12. Click the Turtle Beach Audio Settings tab (shown below). From here, you can configure your advanced audio settings.
TURTLE BEACH AUDIO SETTINGS
- Multiple DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound Modes are available to select from. Each mode provides a unique sonic environment:
- Game Mode - Place yourself in the middle of the action and hear your games just as the developers intended
- Movie Mode - Get the best seat in the house and experience your movies like never before
- Music Mode - Bring your music onto a personal stage for your own private concert experience
- To use the headset for Stereo audio, you will need to set your setup to Stereo through Windows settings. This cannot be done through the headset settings/Turtle Beach Audio Settings. To do so, open the Playback tab of the Sound Settings (right-click Speaker icon and select Playback Devices), click Configure, and then select "Stereo", as shown in the screenshot below.
- Superhuman Hearing
- Here you can manually engage Superhuman Hearing, or set a Hot-key so it can be conveniently engaged mid-game while you are away from the Turtle Beach Audio Settings Menu.