The Stealth 420X+ Transmitter can be used as a replacement for the original Stealth 420X Transmitter. Once you have your original Stealth 420X Headset and new Stealth 420X+ Transmitter, follow the steps below before using.
For this process, you will need a small tool like a paperclip, and a PC/Mac:
Download the Ear Force Audio Hub to update your Headset and Transmitter:
Now, once the Audio Hub application has been successfully downloaded and installed on your computer:
- Open up the Ear Force Audio Hub application.
- Connect the Stealth 420X+ USB transmitter. After a moment, an option to install drivers will appear in the bottom right of the Audio Hub window. Select it to install available drivers.
- After the drivers finish installing completely, disconnect the Stealth 420X USB transmitter from your computer.
- Using your pin or paperclip, hold down the Pinhole Button on the transmitter as you connect it to your PC. This will place the Stealth 420X+ in Bootloader Mode, and should be displayed as such in the Audio Hub application window. If the Audio Hub is *not* displaying it as in Bootloader Mode, disconnect the transmitter from your computer and try this step again.
- Connect your Stealth 420X+ headset to your PC using the USB Cable included with your Stealth 420X.
- When prompted to update the headset, select "Yes". This will begin the Update Process, which may take a few moments. Do not disconnect the headset or transmitter during this process.
- After the updated process has completed, complete the pairing process below and you will be ready to play again!
Stealth 420X Pairing Instructions
- Disconnect the headset charging cable if it is currently plugged in and power the headset OFF. If it is on, hold the Power Button on the right ear cup for five seconds, at which point you will hear a voice prompt announce "Powering Off".
- Insert a paperclip (or something similar) into the pinhole on the transmitter to press the Pair Button, until the transmitter's Connection Status LED flashes rapidly.
- Note: the Pair Button on the Transmitter is recessed in a pinhole to prevent accidental operation. Do not use an object with a sharp, pointed end to press the Pair Button.
If you are having any difficulty pairing your headset and transmitter, please contact our Support Team for additional assistance.