**PLEASE NOTE: This process applies only to the Stealth 700 Gen 2 PS model. If you have a Stealth 700 Gen 2 Xbox model, please click here. If you have a Stealth 700 Gen 2 Xbox model headset, but you have used this Stealth 700 Gen 2 PS Recovery Tool with your headset, please contact our support team for further assistance.**
If your Stealth 700 Gen 2 PS headset is showing all of the following symptoms, it may need to be recovered:
- Headset is unresponsive
- Dark LED/LED does not light up
- Headset does not power on
In order to recover your headset, you will need to download our recovery tool, available for Windows only. Once this process starts, it will take about 5 minutes to run, so please make sure you have time to let it run once you begin this process.
To recover the headset, please do the following:
1. Download the Stealth 700 Gen 2 PlayStation recovery tool, available here.
2. Use the headset's included USB-C cable to plug your headset into your computer. Do not connect your Turtle Beach USB transmitter to the computer for this process
3. Double-click the tool you downloaded to run it: “Stealth700_PlayStation_Gen2_Recovery-v2.0.3.EXE”.
4. A new window will appear, asking you to make sure your headset is connected via USB, and asking “Ready to start?” Click "Yes". If Windows Defender asks for permission, click the "Allow Access" button to proceed. This process will take 5 minutes and will open different windows. Do not interact with any other pop-ups that appear while the recovery process is underway, and do not unplug your headset during this process.
5. Once the tool displays, "Programming Complete. Please unplug and restart your headset," the process is complete! Unplug your headset and click "OK".
6. Now, you will need to pair your headset to its USB transmitter. To do so:
- Plug the USB transmitter into your PlayStation console. (The transmitter’s LED will double-blink blue as it searches for the headset.)
- Press and hold the headset’s power button to power on the headset, then release. (The headset’s LED will double-blink blue as it searches for the transmitter.)
- Within several seconds, the LEDs on the transmitter and headset will turn solid, indicating a successful pairing, and the headset will announce “Headset Paired.” (In some environments, pairing may take a couple minutes.)
7. When you power on your headset after running this tool, the headset will also announce “Pairing Bluetooth” and automatically begin Bluetooth Pairing mode (headset blinking white). It will be necessary to re-pair any Bluetooth connections you had made before running the tool.
- First, go into your smartphone/tablet’s Bluetooth settings and have it “unpair” or “forget” any Turtle Beach devices that are listed.
- Then, have your phone scan for Bluetooth devices again, and select “Stealth 700 G2 PlayStation.” For details on Bluetooth pairing, click here.