The Z300 can reproduce surround sound with the addition of Dolby Headphone software. The following are instructions detailing how to install the Z300 Driver with Dolby Headphone software on your PC and how to configure your Z300 to output surround sound:
NOTE: The Surround Sound driver is for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 only. You may use the Z300 on Windows XP, Vista, and Mac OS's with regular stereo sound.
Z300 Driver Installation Instructions
1. Download the Z300 Driver with Dolby Headphone software here:
2. Connect the Z300 Transceiver to a USB port on your PC and wait until you see a Windows notification indicating that it has installed successfully.
3. Launch the downloaded file. Check 'I agree to license terms and conditions' and select 'Install'. NOTE: Your PC may display prompts requesting permission to install the Z300 driver. Select 'Install' or 'OK' to continue the installation process.
4. After the Z300 Driver has installed, restart your computer to complete the installation process when prompted.
5. When Windows has completed startup, right click the Speaker icon on the bottom right toolbar and select 'Playback Devices'.
6. Right click 'Turtle Beach Z300 with Dolby Headphone' and select 'Set as Default Device'.
7. With the Z300 Headset selected, click 'Properties'.
8. Select the 'Surround Sound' tab and check 'Dolby Headphone'. Here, you can also switch between Movie and Music modes. After selecting the desired mode, click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.
Your Z300 Headset is now configured for Dolby Headphone Surround Sound.
For more details, download the full Z300 User Guide: click hereDolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.