Note: If you're having an audio or mic issue with your Elite 800X, we first recommend trying a quick power cycle.
If your Elite 800X headset is unresponsive or the firmware update is failing, we recommend trying to reset the headset in bootloader mode using the Ear Force Audio Hub. To do this, please follow the steps below.
Elite 800X Bootloader Reset Instructions
1. Download the Ear Force Audio Hub and install the software if you have not done so already.
2. Open the Audio Hub, and the Audio Hub window should appear.
3. Ensure the headset is completely shut down by holding the Mic Mute button down for10-15 seconds.
4. Connect the USB Programming Cable to the headset, but do not connect it to your PC just yet.
5. While holding the PRESET button on the right earcup of the headset, connect the USB Programming cable to a USB port on your PC. Be sure to hold the PRESET button while plugging in the cable at the same time. This causes the headset to go into bootloader mode.
Note: Wait until Windows has completed installing any drivers.
6. Connect the Transmitter to your PC using the USB Transmitter Cable.
7. After the device has loaded, you will see a prompt to update the firmware. Click 'Yes'.
8. Wait for the firmware update to complete. This may take up to 4-5 minutes. Do not disconnect the transmitter or headset while the update is in progress.
9. You will see a prompt that the update was completed successfully. Click 'OK', then you may close the Audio Hub and disconnect the headset and transmitter from your PC.
The headset and transmitter will now be reset and should be working properly. If the headset and transmitter have lost pairing, you can find pairing instructions here: Elite 800X Pairing Instructions