Here's how to set up your headset so that both GAME and CHAT controls will work on a PC:
- Connect the headset's 3.5 mm green/black plug to a Headphone/Stereo jack on your PC.
- Connect the headset's USB plug to a USB port on your PC.
Now, if you want to use the GAME control for the game's soundtrack, and the CHAT control for Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Steam, etc., do this:
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Playback tab. Right-click "Speakers" or "Headphones" (not Turtle Beach [Headset]) and click "Set as Default Device".
2. Next, click the Recording tab. Right-click on "Turtle Beach [Headset]" and click "Set as Default Device", then click "OK".
3. In your chat program (e.g. Skype, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak), set its Mic and Playback to the Turtle Beach USB Headset.
4. In your game, set the sound playback device to your computer's default audio interface or sound card (if your game has these controls).
1. Click the Apple menu icon and go to System Preferences > Sound.
2. On the Output tab, set "Internal Speakers/Built-In Output" as your default audio device.
3. On the Output tab, increase to Output Volume slider to maximum.
4. On the Input tab, set your Turtle Beach USB Headset as the device for sound input.
5. On the Input tab, adjust the Input Volume slider to adjust the mic sensitivity to your preference.
6. In your chat program (e.g. Skype, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak), set its Mic and Playback to the Turtle Beach USB Headset.
7. In your game, set the sound playback device to your computer's default audio interface or sound card (if your game has these controls).
The headset's GAME volume control (and BASS/TREBLE BOOST controls, if your headset has them) will now adjust the game soundtrack levels, while the headset's CHAT volume control will adjust the level of people talking back to you.
If you do not see any other headphone or speaker options, right click the Playback window and check 'Show Disabled Devices'. If they appear now, then enable them.
If they still do not appear, then make sure the correct audio drivers have been installed on your PC. If you have a custom built PC or have replaced the motherboard, then you will need to go to the website of the motherboard or PC manufacturer and download those specific audio drivers. The drivers that Windows installs automatically (if at all) do not always work properly.