Q: How can I hear game audio through my HDMI home theater system and through my DSS2/DXL1?
A: If you have an Xbox 360 Slim* connected to your home theater system (HTS) via an HDMI cable, you will be able to hear the game audio through both your DSS2-upgraded headset and your HTS using the standard setup procedure. To do this:
1. Connect the DSS2 USB plug to your game console for power.
- Connect the included digital optical cable to the Digital In jack on the DSS2, and to the S/PDIF jack on your Xbox 360 Slim (or the Digital Output jack on a PS3).
- Keep the HDMI cable connected to your game console and HTS as normal.
- If you have a WIRED headset, connect the headset's green 3.5 mm plug to the headphones jack on the front of the DSS2. Then, connect the headset's USB plug (if it has one) to the USB port on the front of the DSS2.
Done! You should now be able to hear the audio from your game console both in your headset and through your HTS. You can adjust the headset volume and the HTS volume independently of one another.
* Note: If your Xbox 360 is an older model without a S/PDIF jack, you will also need to obtain an "Xbox 360 Audio Adapter Cable": click here