- Mic does not pick up your voice at all
- Mic only picks up your voice intermittently
- Mic monitor doesn't work (you can't hear your own voice)
- Mic cuts out as you move the mic boom
Suggestion 1: Reconnect The Mic Boom.
1. Disconnect the Mic Boom from the headset's Microphone Boom socket. The Mic Boom has four rings on its barrel. Pinch the rings with your fingers, and pull the Mic Boom straight out from the headset.
2. Clear away any dust from the plug on the Mic Boom and from the headset's Mic Boom socket.
3. The Mic Boom has a small triangle on its barrel (pictured below). Reconnect the Mic Boom, making sure that the triangle points towards your mouth. Fit the hexagonal end of the barrel properly into the hexagonal jack on the headset.
4. Now, speak into the microphone, and see if other players can hear you now. If the mic still does not pick up your voice, then your Mic Boom may need to be replaced.
- Replacement Mic Booms can be purchased on our website: Z300 Mic Boom
- To file a warranty claim with our support team, click here: Contact Support