If the Z300 mic volume seems too low, a firmware update is available that raises the Z300 mic volume level. The Z300 firmware can be updated using the Ear Force Audio Hub software. The software can be downloaded here:
Z300 Firmware Update Instructions
1. Disconnect both the Z300 Headset and Transmitter from your PC if either are currently plugged in.
2. Download and install the Ear Force Audio Hub software.
3. Open the software and connect the Z300 Headset to a USB Port on your PC with the USB Data Cable.
4. The Ear Force Audio Hub will detect that the Z300 Headset is plugged in, and will automatically download and install the newest firmware update.
5. When that is complete, disconnect the Z300 Headset from your PC and plug the Z300 Transmitter into a USB Port on your PC. The software will detect that the Z300 Transmitter is plugged in and automatically download and install the newest firmware update.
6. After that has finished, close the Ear Force Audio Hub and power the Z300 Headset back on. Re-pair the headset to the transmitter if it has lost pairing.
Test the mic in a chat program or the Windows Sound Recorder. The mic volume should now be higher and others in chat should be able to hear you better.
If others in chat cannot hear you at all but you can still hear your own voice through the headset, go to Sound Settings and make sure the Z300 is set as the Default Playback and Recording Device. Then, go to your chat program's settings (Skype, Mumble, TeamSpeak) and make sure the Z300 is set as the Chat Input and Output devices.
If the mic is not working, disconnect the mic boom from the headset and plug it back in firmly. If you still cannot hear yourself through the headset when you speak into the mic, then the mic boom may need to be replaced. Please contact our Tech Support Team for additional troubleshooting: Contact Support