As of April, 2014, there is a new signed driver available for the Micro II USB sound card. This new driver should give you AC3 Pass-Through for Dolby Digital and for DTS. The driver will need to be manually installed into your system. Here are manual installation instructions for the Micro II signed driver.
1. First, download the Zip file containing the signed Micro II driver. Unzip that file to a new folder on your Windows Desktop. That folder should be named \micro2driver. Insert the Micro II USB sound card in a USB port on your PC. We recommend that you do not connect your Micro II to a USB hub. Please connect it to a USB port on the computer.
2. Windows will auto-detect the device and install a generic USB Sound Device driver. We will be manually updating this driver to the Micro II driver.
3. Click Start and open the Control Panel.
4. In the Control Panel, click on Hardware and Sound. Then click on Device Manager.
5. In the Device Manager, click on the Sound, video and game controllers, then right-click on USB Sound Device. Click on Update Driver Software...
6. The Update Driver Software - USB Sound Device window opens. Click Browse my computer for driver software
8. In the next window, notice that the device you see is the generic USB Sound Device. We want to update that driver, so click Have Disk...
9. In the Install from Disk dialog that opens, click Browse...
11. You should see the contents of the micro2driver folder in the Locate File dialog. In the File name: field, you should see the file Cm102.INF highlighted. Click Open to install from that file.
12. In the Install from Disk dialog, in the field Copy manufacturer's files from:, you should see the location of the micro2driver folder. Now click OK.
13. Now the Update Driver Software - USB Sound Device dialog should show the Audio Advantage Micro 2 in the Model field. Below that you should see This driver has an Authenticode(tm) signature. Click Next to continue.
14. Windows may tell you that Installing this device driver is not recommended because Windows cannot verify that it is compatible with your hardware. This driver is tested and signed, so please click Yes to continue.
15. In the next dialog (Windows Security), you will be asked Would you like to install this device software? Please click Install to continue.
16. The driver will now install. When the installation is complete, you should see a dialog stating Windows has successfully updated your driver software. Make sure that the device listed is the Audio Advantage Micro 2. If that is correct, then you've installed the new driver for the Micro II. Click Close.
17. In the Device Manager, you should see that the listing for USB Sound Device has been replaced with Audio Advantage Micro 2. The installation is now complete, and your Micro II is now ready to use.