Below is a setup diagram showing how to connect your DX12 to a Xbox One Console.
What you'll need:
PS4 Talkback Cable (2.5mm to 3.5mm cable)
Headset Audio Controller (for Xbox One Controllers without a 3.5mm headset jack)
- Go to Settings >> Display and Sound
- Select Optical Audio >> Bitstream Out
- Select Bitstream Format >> Dolby Digital
In this setup, the Ear Force Headset Audio Controller is used for Chat Only. It is important to turn off some of the built-in features.
- Turn off the built-in Mic Monitor. Hold down Mic Mute to change the level (One Tone - Mic Monitor Off.)
- Set the Headset Audio Controller to only output Chat Audio. Hold down the Chat Balance Button until a tone plays.
- Switch to Mic Preset 1 (Headset Audio Controller Plus Only)