If you can hear game audio through the Stealth 420X+ headset but the microphone isn't working, please check the following:
1. The Mic Boom is Connected Correctly
The Mic Boom must be plugged into the Mic Boom Jack on the Left Earcup of the Headset. The Left Earcup does not have any buttons or controls; all functional buttons are on the Right Earcup. The 3.5mm jack on the Right Earcup may be mistaken for the Mic Boom Jack; however, that is the Mobile Connection jack intended for use with the included Mobile Cable.
2. The Mic Boom is Plugged Fully into the Mic Boom Jack
After checking that the mic boom is plugged into the correct jack, make sure the mic is plugged fully into the Mic Boom Jack. Disconnect the mic boom by pulling it straight out and plug it back in, making sure to plug it in until you hear a "click". This may take a couple of tries.
3. The Xbox One Recognizes the Headset
If you are able to hear yourself through the headset when you speak into the mic, then the mic boom itself is working properly but your Xbox One may not be detecting the headset properly. The best way to rule this out is a quick power cycle:
1. Power off the headset and disconnect the transmitter from the Xbox One.
2. Power off the Xbox One and unplug the power supply/cable. Leave it for 1 minute.
3. Plug the Xbox One Console power supply/cable back in and power the Xbox One Console on.
4. If you are automatically logged in when startup is complete, log out and then log back in again.
5. Plug the transmitter into your Xbox One and power the headset on.
6. A notification should appear on the Xbox One menu indicating that a headset device was connected.
If the microphone still isn't working, please contact our support team: Contact Support