This article explains how to set up a Tactical Audio Controller (TAC) with a PC. This does not include any additional accessories or console connections.
TAC PC Setup Instructions:
1. Move the Mode Switch on the back of the TAC to PC/Mac (all the way to the right).
2. Connect the Mini-USB end of the included power cable to the MAIN port of the TAC, and the USB-end to a free USB port on your PC.
3. Right-click the Speaker Icon in your Windows Taskbar, then click "Open Sound Settings".
4. Make sure "Speakers (Turtle Beach ELITE GAME)" is selected as the default Output device, and "Microphone (Turtle Beach ELITE CHAT)" is selected as the default Input device.
Note: If you only see "Turtle Beach ELITE CHAT" in your Playback devices, check that the Mode Switch is set to PC/Mac and not PS.
5. Right-click the Speaker Icon in your Windows Taskbar, then click "Sounds".
6. In the Playback tab of that window, select "Turtle Beach ELITE CHAT" and set it as the Default Communication Device.
7. In the recording tab of that window, right-click "Turtle Beach ELITE CHAT" and make sure it is set as both the Default Device and the Default Communication Device.
SURROUND SOUND CONFIGURATION
In that Sound Control Panel window, click the "Configure" button on the bottom-left of the window.
In the "Choose Your Configuration" screen, select 7.1 Surround, and then click "Next".
The next screen will say "Customize Your Configuration". Make sure all of the boxes are checked; then click "Next".
In the "Select Full-Range Speakers", make sure both boxes are checked, and click "Next".
The Configuration is complete; click "Finish" and the settings will be applied.
You are now ready to use your Tactical Audio Controller with a PC!
**PLEASE NOTE: In some cases you may see the following error message. If you weren't able to use the above instructions, and you get this error message, please check the following.**
In the Sound Control Panel window, select "Turtle Beach ELITE GAME", and then select "Properties" (bottom right), and go to the "Spatial Sounds" tab.
Make sure that Windows Sonic for Headphones is selected, and that the "Turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound" box is checked. Click Apply, and then click OK.
Once this is set, try the instructions included above.
Then, follow the steps above to configure the surround sound.