The Playstation VR is designed to provide pre-processed 3D audio as part of the full VR experience. PSVR audio, according to Playstation, “greatly enhances the feeling of immersion and presence in VR over traditional audio systems like 7.1 surround sound.” The PSVR features a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, which means that any Turtle Beach headset with a standard 3.5mm male connector can be used with the PlayStation VR to enjoy the full VR experience. This includes the headsets listed below:
- Recon 50, Recon 50X, Recon 50P, Recon 60P
- Elite Pro
- Stealth 350VR (designed to be used with the PSVR headset)
- Stealth 400, Stealth 500P, Stealth 520 (with mobile cable)
- Elite 800 (with mobile cable)
When using our headsets with the PlayStation VR, it is important to consider the following:
- The PSVR has a built-in microphone; the console will automatically use this microphone, even if the headset being used with the console has a mic of its own. If a Turtle Beach headset is used with the PSVR, the headset’s microphone will not be used. If your headset has a removable mic boom, you can remove the Turtle Beach headset’s mic prior to PSVR use.
- The PSVR itself has in-line controls for volume and mic mute. If your headset also has a volume control, you may now have two usable volume controls. In this case, you should always keep one volume control turned to the maximum and use the other volume control to adjust the volume. Please note that you will need to use the in-line mic mute button on the PSVR to mute the PSVR’s built-in microphone.
The PSVR headset can be adjusted in multiple directions to achieve the best comfort. If the headset is pulled very low in the back, the headband may interfere with wearing a Turtle Beach Headset. To achieve maximum comfort, this can be corrected by lifting the back of the PSVR very slightly and using the tension adjuster to keep it in place.Side View of Stealth 350VR and PSVR
Back of Stealth 350VR and PSVR
For more information about the PlayStation VR, visit: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/03/playstation-vr-the-ultimate-faq/