The following applies to the Stealth 520 on the original PS4 (2013) and PS4 Pro.
If you find that the Chat Volume Control on the Stealth 520 headset adjusts all volume (both game and chat audio) and the Game Volume Control doesn't work, then the PS4 settings may not be configured correctly. To ensure proper setup, please check the following:
1. Go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Primary Output Port > Digital Out (OPTICAL)
2. Select Dolby Digital 5.1ch ONLY (Do not select DTS 5.1ch).
3. Go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Audio Format (Priority)
4. Select Bitstream (Dolby).
5. Go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices
- Select USB Headset (Turtle Beach Stealth 520 Chat) for Input & Output Devices
- Set Volume Control (Headphones) to the maximum level.
- Set Output to Headphones to Chat Audio <---- *IMPORTANT*
You should now be able to hear game audio through the headset and adjust game volume independently with the headset's Game Volume Control.
If the volume controls still aren't working correctly, please contact our Support Team for assistance.
Q. Why does game audio still play through my TV when the Stealth 520 is connected?
A. The PS4 allows audio output via optical and HDMI simultaneously. It cannot be disabled, so you can mute your TV to prevent this from happening. Please note that this does not apply to audio via USB. If you select 'All' for 'Output to Headphones', the PS4 will begin to send all audio via the USB port and audio will stop playing through your TV. However, this will cause the Chat Volume Control on the Stealth 520 headset to adjust all volume, so it is not recommended.