If your headset is experiencing any of the following symptoms, please try the instructions below.
- Audio on one side
- Can't hear voices, but can hear other sounds/audio
- Microphone isn't working (can't be heard)
- Microphone is low
Make sure that the headset's cable is securely plugged in all the way.
If the cable is plugged in to the jack, but is not plugged in all the way, it is possible that you may hear sound -- but the sound you do hear may have some of the symptoms mentioned above.
To make sure the headset's cable is plugged in:
1. The side of the headset with the "Connect This End To Headset" tag will need to be plugged into the headset. This is the side of the cable with four black stripes and five metal sections of the plug itself.
2. Position the cable as shown in the diagram below, with the headset icon on the cable just below the headset icon on the headset itself.
3. Insert the cable's plug in the jack on the headset. It is a snug fit, and you should feel the plug slide into place twice. The cable is not fully inserted/plugged in until the plug slides into place the second time. An easy way to check if your headset cable is plugged in all the way is to make sure that the headset and mic icons (located on the headset and mic boom, respectively) are lined up with each other.
In the image below, the headset and mic icons on the cable and mic boom are not lined up -- so the headset's cable is not fully plugged into the headset. The headset will likely experience some of the symptoms listed above.
In the image below, those icons are lined up -- so headset's cable is plugged in all the way. The headset should not experience any of the symptoms listed above.