If you are experiencing the following symptoms when you use your headset with Fortnite on a Nintendo Switch, please try the steps below:
- Mic Not Working in Chat (you can't be heard in chat)
- Chat Audio Not Working (you cannot hear other people in chat)
You may need to re-enable the in-game chat. In addition, you may need to disable the Push-to-Talk feature.
To do so:
1. Make sure you are logged in to your profile. Once you are logged in, press the + button on the switch to bring up the Social menu. Scroll down to and then select the gear icon on the bottom of the left sidebar.
2. The sidebar will change in appearance from your friends list to a list of several different options. Select the “Settings” option, as shown below.
3. You will see several tabs on the top of the screen. Scroll to the Speaker tab – this is the Audio Settings tab. Then, scroll down to section labelled “Voice Chat”.
There will be two toggle settings: Voice Chat and Voice Chat Method.
- Voice Chat is ON by default. To be able to hear and be heard in chat, this setting needs to be ON. If this setting is turned off, you will not be able to hear the chat audio, and you will not be able to be heard in chat.
- Voice Chat Method is set to PUSH-TO-TALK by default. To be able to be heard in chat whenever you speak, this setting needs to be OPEN MIC. If this setting is set to PUSH-TO-TALK, you will not be heard in chat unless you press a specific button when you speak into the mic.
Make sure that the Voice Chat is On and the Voice Chat Method is set to Open Mic, and then test the headset again. You should be able to hear and be heard in the chat.
If you have re-enabled game chat, but you are still having issues with hearing or being heard in chat, please contact our support team for further assistance.