The information in this article applies to all Recon 70 models, including Xbox One/PS4/Nintendo Switch models (in all colors).
If other players are unable to hear you in chat on your PC, please try the following:
1. Mic is Unmuted/Headset Works With Another Device
Flip the mic down to position 1, as shown in the following image.
Then, plug the headset into a smartphone, and make a test call. Please be sure to keep the smartphone itself covered/in a pocket for this test, to ensure the headset's mic is what picks up the sound, and not the smartphone's internal microphones.
Can you hear and be heard clearly during that call?
If you can be heard, please continue to step 2.
If you can not be heard, please contact our Support Team.
2. PC Settings Are Configured Correctly.
Note: Device Names vary by Windows PC.
- Right-click the Speaker icon in the taskbar and click 'Recording devices'.
- Right-click the Microphone/Line In input that the headset is plugged into. If you do not see a green check next to the device, click 'Set as Default'.
NOTE: The headset will not appear as a separate device in the Playback and Recording lists.
- Speak into the mic to see if green bars appear next to the Microphone/Line in input.
If you do see the green bars, then the headset and mic boom are communicating with the PC properly. If other players still can't hear you in chat, check your network connection and in-game chat settings.
Please note that some chat programs like Discord or Skype do have their own audio settings, independent of the computer's settings. If the headset and mic seem to be working, and the computer's settings are configured correctly, double-check that the settings for the chat program you are using are also configured correctly.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, please contact our Support Team; please be sure to let them know you have performed these tests.