The information in this article applies to all Recon 70 models, including Xbox One/PS4/Nintendo Switch models (in all colors).
This article applies to the Recon 70 on a Xbox One Console.
If you're experiencing audio issues with your Recon 70 when it's connected to your Xbox One controller, we recommend testing and verifying the following. If your issue is instead with being heard in chat, please click here.
Before you begin, please note:
Do not plug the Xbox One controller into a USB port on your Xbox One console while the headset is connected to the Xbox One controller. This can cause audio distortion or connection issues. If you're charging your Xbox One controller, we recommend plugging it into a separate Wall USB Adapter, or charging the controller when it's not in use.
1. Connect the headset to a mobile audio device (tablet, smartphone, mp3 player, etc) and play a song or video you're familiar with. If you're able to hear the song/video through the headset clearly, then the headset is working properly and the issue may be with the Xbox One controller.
If you're unable to hear sound through the headset clearly when it's connected to a mobile device, then there may be an issue with the headset itself. In that case, please contact support.
If you can hear the smartphone audio clearly, but are still experiencing audio issues when the Recon 70 is connected to your Xbox One controller, but the controller is not plugged in to charge, continue to Step 2.
2. Please make sure your Xbox One controller is fully updated to the latest firmware, using one of the methods detailed here.
If the issue still persists, please continue to Step 3.
3. Try the following, in order.
- Replacing the batteries in your Xbox One controller with brand new, non-rechargeable batteries
- Try using a different Xbox One controller (Make sure that different Xbox One controller is updated).
- Replace the Xbox One Headset Adapter (if you're using an older Xbox One controller with an adapter).
- Restart your Xbox One: If your profile automatically signs in, sign out and sign back in when the console powers back on.
If these steps did not resolve the issue, continue to Step 4.
4. Try using the standard Xbox One Headset included with the console to see if you have the same issue. If so, please contact Microsoft. If you do not have the same issues with that standard headset, contact support.