Please follow the instructions below to get your Elite 800 headset set up for use with a Nintendo Switch console.
- Power the headset on, and plug the USB transmitter into the console, while the console is docked.
- Make sure the headset and transmitter are paired. The LEDs on the transmitter and the headset should be lit solid. If the LED on the transmitter is blinking, you'll need to pair the headset and transmitter again.
- You should see the volume bar and the word "USB" appear on the screen, to confirm the transmitter has been connected.
Once you see those icons, you should be able to hear the game/chat audio. You may still need to configure the settings for the specific game you're using the headset with.
Please Note: These settings will vary from game to game. In addition, there are a limited number of games that support in-chat capability.
You can find the instructions for configuring the settings for Fortnite below:
1. Make sure you are logged in to your profile. Once you are logged in, press the + button on the switch to bring up the Social menu. Scroll down to and then select the gear icon on the bottom of the left sidebar.
2. The sidebar will change in appearance from your friends list to a list of several different options. Select the “Settings” option, as shown below.
3. You will see several tabs on the top of the screen. Scroll to the Speaker tab – this is the Audio Settings tab. You can configure the Volume sliders to your liking. Then, scroll down to section labelled “Voice Chat”.
There will be two toggle settings: Voice Chat and Voice Chat Method.
- Voice Chat is ON by default. To be able to hear and be heard in chat, this setting needs to be ON. If this setting is turned off, you will not be able to hear the chat audio, and you will not be able to be heard in chat.
- Voice Chat Method is set to PUSH-TO-TALK by default. To be able to be heard in chat whenever you speak, this setting needs to be OPEN MIC. If this setting is set to PUSH-TO-TALK, you will not be heard in chat unless you press a specific button when you speak into the mic.
Make sure that the Voice Chat is On and the Voice Chat Method is set to Open Mic. You should be able to hear and be heard in the chat.