1. Mic is Unmuted
The Recon Spark has an adjustable mic. To use the mic, gently push ('flip') the mic forwards. When the mic is fully pushed forwards, the mic will "Lock" into position.
To mute the mic, just flip the mic back the other way.
2. The Headset Works With Another Device
Plug the headset into a smartphone, and make sure that the mic is flipped down/unmuted. Then, make a test call. During that test call, make sure the smartphone itself is kept covered/in a pocket for the duration of the call, so that the phone's internal microphones do not pick up the sound instead of the headset's mic.
If you could be heard during that test call, continue to Step 3. If you could not be heard during that test call, please contact our Support Team.
3. The PS4/PS4 Pro Chat Settings are Configured
If you can be heard during that test call, then the mic itself is working properly, but the settings on your console may not be configured for headset use.
In the PS4 menu, go to Settings >> Devices >> Audio Devices
- Set Input and Output Devices to Headset Connected to Controller
- Set Output to Headphones to All Audio
- Set Volume Control (Headphones) level to Maximum
- Select Adjust Microphone Level and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your microphone
If the microphone still isn't working, or if you don't see any activity on that Adjust Microphone Level screen when you use the mic, please contact our Support Team.