To set your Recon 70 headset up for use with an Xbox console, please do the following. Please note this information applies to both the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles.
1. Plug the headset into the Xbox controller.
2. While in the Home screen, press the Xbox button on the controller. Scroll down to the buttons on the bottom of the left sidebar, and then select the Speaker icon (Audio).
3. Configure your settings as shown:
- Set Headset Volume to Maximum
- Set Headset Chat Mixer to the Middle Setting
- Set Mic Monitor to Preferred Level
WINDOWS SONIC SURROUND SOUND
1. While in the Home screen, press the Xbox button on the controller. You'll see the following screen:
2. Navigate to the Profile & System Tab, and select "Settings".
3. Go to General >> Volume & Audio Output
4. In the Headset Audio column (right side of the screen), set Headset Format to Windows Sonic For Headphones.