The PlayStation 5 console does not have an Optical (Toslink) Digital Audio Output. This console instead has an HDMI output, which transmits both high definition video and high resolution audio.
If your Turtle Beach wireless surround sound headset or audio mixer control unit requires an optical digital connection, and you'd like to use it with full features on a PS5 console, please review the following.
If Your TV Has An Optical Output Port
- You should be able to use that port in place of the Optical port on the console.
- This will have the added benefit of playing any sound coming through the TV directly into the headset -- including the audio from the console, but also including TV shows, movies, or any streaming media.
If Your TV Does Not Have An Optical Output Port
- You'll need to use an HDMI Audio Extractor to add an Optical Output to your console.
- This will then allow the console to play the game's Dolby Digital directly through the digital Optical Input on your Turtle Beach product.
- For the PS5, you'll need to choose an HDMI Audio Extractor that supports the full set of video enhancements offer by the console itself. In addition, please note that Turtle Beach cannot guarantee compatibility between a third-party adapter you might purchase, your existing Turtle Beach product, and/or the console used with those products.
- PLEASE ALSO NOTE: The older HDMI Audio Extractor previously sold by Turtle Beach, the HD Audio Converter (or HDAC), is no longer available for purchase. This product has not been tested with the PS5 console. Because the HDAC does not support 4K or HDR video, we do not recommend using one with PS5 console.