The following applies to the Stealth 700 for PS4/PS4 Pro, when used with the original PS4/PS4 Pro consoles. (For more information about using this headset on a PS4 Slim console, please click here.)
If you find that the "bottom" (Chat) Volume Control on your Stealth 700 for PS4/PS4 Pro headset adjusts all volume (both Game and Chat audio), and that the "top" (Game) Volume Control doesn't work, then the PS4 settings may not be configured correctly.
To ensure the proper setup, please check the following:
- Go to Settings >> Sound and Screen >> Audio Output Settings >> Primary Output Port >> Digital Out (Optical).
- Select Dolby Digital 5.1ch ONLY. (Do not select DTS 5.1ch.)
- Go to Settings >> Sound and Screen >> Audio Output Settings >> Audio Format (Priority).
- Select Bitstream (Dolby).
- Go to Settings >> Devices >> Audio Devices.
- Select USB Headset (Stealth 700 Chat) for Input & Output Devices.
- Set Volume Control (Headphones) to the maximum level.
- Set Output to Headphones to Chat Audio <------- *IMPORTANT*
You should now be able to hear Game audio through the headset, and adjust game volume independently with the headset's Game Volume Control.
If the volume controls still aren't working correctly, please contact our Support Team for more assistance.
Q. Why does game audio still play through my TV when the Stealth 700 for PS4/PS4 Pro is connected?
A. The PS4 allows audio output via Optical and HDMI simultaneously. It cannot be disabled, so you can mute your TV to prevent this from happening. Please note that this does not apply to audio via USB. If you select All' for 'Output to Headphones', the PS4 will begin to send all audio via the USB port and audio will stop playing through your TV. However, this will cause the Chat Volume Control on the Stealth 700 for PS4/PS4 Pro headset to adjust all volume, so it is not recommended.