If you believe you may have encountered interference-related issues when using the Stealth 600 wireless headset for Xbox One, such as audio drop-outs, or other intermittent audio issues, please first check the following.
1. First, confirm that the headset is successfully paired to the Xbox One console by completing the pairing process, as instructed here. In addition, make sure the headset firmware is updated (full instructions here), and that the headset is charged (for more information, click here).
2. Make sure the Xbox One Firmware is up-to-date. (Full instructions here.)
3. Try the following steps:
- Power Off the Xbox One console.
- Disconnect the Power Cable from your Xbox One, and wait 20 seconds.
- Reconnect the Power Cable to your Xbox One.
- Power On the Xbox One using the Power Button on the front of the Console.
- Re-pair the headset to the console, using the Connect Button on your Headset and the Enroll Button on your Xbox One Console.
- Once your Headset and Console are paired, connect the controller via USB to the console and turn the controller On.
**Use a standard USB Micro Cable; if you do not have one, you can use the USB Charge Cable included with the headset.**
While your controller is connected through USB, do you still experience the drop-out issues you encountered before?
4. Move the headset so that it is in direct line-of-sight of the console. Does the issue persist? Then, move the headset closer to the console. Does the issue persist?
5. If there are any other USB devices connected to the console -- including external hard drives, console cooling fans, controller charging stations, VR set ups, USB webcams, or anything similar -- please power the console and those devices off. Then, unplug each of those devices. Once each of those USB devices has been removed, power the console on, and test the headset out again.
Does this issue continue? If not, the device that was unplugged may be contributing to the issue.
If this issue persists, please move to step 6.
6. Make sure there is no WiFi router or other high-powered wireless device within 5 ft (1.5m) of either the headset or console itself while in use. Depending on the strength of your particular router, you may want to increase the distance beyond 5 ft, to be absolutely sure. In addition, please make sure that any other wireless headsets (Turtle Beach or otherwise) are powered off and disconnected from any power source when using the Stealth 600 headset.
7. Additionally, even if there is no WiFi router located in the immediate vicinity of either the headset or Xbox One console, a good test is to temporarily disable (power off) the router and then test the headset on your console by playing a single-player or offline game. If the same issue does not persist, it is safe to assume the router is indeed causing wireless interference between the console and headset.
Turtle Beach is not responsible for third-party equipment. Please do not attempt the following unless you are familiar with changing router settings and/or networking.
The Stealth 600 for Xbox One includes a dual-band antenna, which can use either 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies, similar to most Wi-Fi routers. If you have completed the steps above, and can confirm your Wi-Fi router is indeed causing interference for the headset, you may be able to resolve this by restricting your Wi-Fi router to operate on one frequency (2.4GHz or 5GHz) only. This way the headset can operate on the unused frequency, while the router uses the other, hopefully preventing any further interference between the two. This can be done within your router/networking settings; however, the process to complete this will vary between model and manufacturer for each router.
If the same, seemingly interference-related issues continue to occur, please contact our support team: Contact Support