The Stealth 500P was designed for PS3 and PS4 consoles only. We are unable to guarantee universal PC compatibility as not all PCs have the necessary hardware to fully support the Stealth 500P.
It is possible to use these headsets on a PC if your PC has an optical S/PDIF digital output for stereo audio playback. Please note that surround sound will not be active when using the Stealth 500P on a PC.
The following info is provided on an unsupported AS-IS basis.
• Windows or Mac PC with:
• 1 empty USB 2.0 port
• 1 Digital Optical Output
1. Connect the transmitter to a USB port on your PC. Note for Desktop PCs: we recommend a USB port on the back of your PC, as the optical cablean optical output on the back of your PC.
2. Connect the Digital Optical Cable to the Digital Optical Input on the side of the transmitter and the optical output on your PC.
Windows 7 Settings:
1. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound and select "Digital Output" (or similar) as the Default Device for Playback. (Do not select
2. Click on the Recording Tab and select "Microphone - Stealth 500P" as the Default Device.
3. Once the Default Devices have been selected, click 'OK'.
Your PC Sound Settings are now configured for Microphone use.
Please note that settings within chat software will still need to be configured separately.
Q. Can I use the Stealth 500P for playback via USB?
A. We do not recommend using the USB path for audio, as chat/game software may not work properly. The Game volume wheel on the headset would not work; the Chat volume control would adjust both game and chat volume. For that reason, we recommend only using the optical connection for audio and use the USB path for chat.
Q. The Chat Volume control on the headset changes both the game and chat audio. The Game volume control doesn't work. What's wrong?
A. If this occurs, then your Sound Settings are not configured correctly. Currently, 'Speakers - Ear Force Stealth 500P' is selected as the Default Device under the 'Playback' tab. The Default Playback Device must be set to the optical output on your PC or sound card. If you do not have that on your PC, you will not have full functionality of the volume controls.
Q. Can I hear surround sound through the Stealth 500P when using it on my computer?
A. No, Surround Sound with the Stealth 500P is not available on a PC due to differences in media encoding.