The Stealth 400 User Guide and Quick Start Guide are available for download here:
Below is a preview window for the Stealth 400 User Guide:
You can view the contents of that Quick Start Guide below:
- Stealth 400 Headset (A)
- Stealth 400 Wireless Transmitter (B)
- Mobile Cable (C)
- Removable Mic Boom (D)
- USB Charging Cable (E)
- Digital Optical Cable (F)
- Turtle Beach Sticker (G)
- Power Button
- Hold (1s) - Power On/Power Off
- Power LED
- (Battery Status)
- Red - Charging
- Blue - Charged/In Use
- (Pairing Status)
- Single Blink - Transmitter Connected
- Double Blink - Transmitter Not Connected
- (Battery Status)
- Game Volume Control
- EQ Preset Volume
- See diagram below for information about EQ Presets.
- Chat Volume Control
- USB Charging Port
- Mobile Connection
- For use with Mobile Cable
- Mic Mute Button
- Press - Mic On/Off
|Natural - Turtle Beach Natural Sound. Hear your media just as the creators intended.|
|Bass Boost - Turn up the Bass. Feel the deep sound effects in your games and the punch of bass-heavy music tracks.|
|Bass + Treble Boost - Turn everything up. Increased lows and highs give you more of everything for a more powerful audio experience.|
|Vocal Boost - Tune in to the vocals on music tracks and dialog in games and movies. Makes your team-mates, characters, and stories come alive as you've never heard before.|
- Digital Optical Output
- Pair Button
- Connection Status LED
- Solid On - Headset Connected
- Pulsing - Headset Not Connected
- Rapid Flashing - Incorrect Audio Format*
*See PS3/PS4 Setup
The Stealth 400 uses a rechargeable battery. Make sure to charge it regularly.
Always charge your headset before storing it for any extended period of time (greater than 3 months). Never store the unit in temperatures above 113°F/45°C.
1. Go to Settings >> Sound and Screen >> Audio Output Settings >> Primary Output Port >> Digital Out (OPTICAL).
2. Select ONLY Linear PCM 44.1kHz & Linear PCM 48kHz.
3. Go to Settings >> Sound and Screen >> Audio Output Settings >> Audio Format (Priority).
4. Select Linear PCM.
5. Go to Settings >> Devices >> Audio Devices.
6. Select USB Headset(Turtle Beach Stealth 400 Chat) for Input and Output Device.
7. Set Output to Headphones to Chat Audio.
8. Set Volume Control (Headphones) level to maximum.
9. Select Adjust Microphone Level and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your microphone.
1. Go to Settings >> Accessory Settings >> Audio Device Settings.
2. Set the Input Device and Output Device fields to Turtle Beach Stealth 400 Chat.
3. Go to Settings >> Sound Settings >> Audio Output Settings >> Optical Digital.
4. Check ONLY Linear PCM 2 Ch. 44.1kHz & Linear PCM 2 Ch. 48kHz.
5. Go to Settings >> Sound Settings >> Audio Multi-Output.
6. Set to On.
The Stealth 400 Headset and Transmitter come paired out of the box. When paired, with both the Headset and Transmitter powered on, the Transmitter's LED will be on solid (lit, but not blinking). However, if your Transmitter's LED is double-blinking, follow the steps below to pair your Headset and Transmitter.
1. Start this process with the headset powered OFF. Press and hold the Pairing Button on the Transmitter until the Transmitter's Pairing LED flashes rapidly (5 seconds), then release. (Use a Paperclip or something similar to press the Pinhole Button.)
2. Press and hold the Power Button on the Headset until the Headset's Power LED flashes rapidly (5 seconds), then release.
3. Within 10 seconds, the Transmitter's LED will remain on solid, and the Headset's Power LED will blink steadily once per second, indicating that pairing has been successful.
For additional information, please click here.
UPGRADE YOUR MOBILE EXPERIENCE
To make calls without the boom mic, upgrade to the Mobile Cable with In-Line Mic (pictured below). In addition to in-line mic, this cable also includes a multi-function button to answer calls and to play/pause/advance music tracks.