This article applies to the Recon 50X on a Xbox One Console:
If you're experiencing audio issues with your Recon 50X when it's connected to your Xbox One Controller, we recommend testing and verifying the following:
1. Connect the headset to a mobile audio device (tablet, smartphone, mp3 player, etc) and play a song or video you're familiar with.
2. If you're able to hear the song/video through the headset clearly, then the headset is working properly and the issue may be with the Xbox One Controller. Please note the following:
- Do not plug the Xbox One Controller into a USB port on your Xbox One Console while the headset is connected to the Xbox One Controller. This can cause audio distortion or connection issues. If you're charging your Xbox One Controller, we recommend plugging it into a separate Wall USB Adapter or charge the controller when it's not in use.
If you have checked the note above and are still experiencing audio issues when the Recon 50X is connected to your Xbox One Controller, try these suggestions:
- Use a different Xbox One Controller.
- Replace the Xbox One Headset Adapter (if you're using one with an older Xbox One Controller)
- Restart your Xbox One
- Replacing the batteries in your Xbox One controller with brand new, non-rechargeable batteries
- Try using the standard Xbox One Headset included with the console to see if you have the same issue. If so, please contact Microsoft.
3. If you're unable to hear sound through the headset clearly when it's connected to a mobile device, then there may be an issue with the headset itself. In that case, please contact our Support Team here.
See this article if you're having difficulty with the Recon 50X Microphone: