The information in this article applies to all Recon 70 models, including Xbox One/PS4/Nintendo Switch models (in all colors).
You can download the Recon 70 Quick Start Guide here.
You can also view the contents of that Quick Start Guide below.
1. Recon 70 Headset
NOTE: Over Rotating Mic
Turning the mic past positions 1 and 3 may cause damage to the mic.
- Mic Mute
- Flip up mic to mute (see position 2).
- Master Volume
- Adjust the master volume of the incoming game and chat audio.
XBOX ONE SETUP
Note: The Recon 70 requires the Xbox One controller with 3.5mm headset jack. Purchase the Ear Force Headset Audio Controller for use with the original Xbox One controller.
- Plug the headset into the Xbox controller.
- While in the Home screen, press the Xbox button on the controller. Scroll down to the buttons on the bottom of the left sidebar, and then select the Speaker icon (Audio).
- Set Headset Volume to maximum.
- Set Headset Chat Mixer to the middle setting.
- Set Mic Monitoring to your preferred level.
SURROUND SOUND SETUP
(AVAILABLE ONLY ON XBOX ONE)
- Press the Xbox Button on your controller.
- Go to the System tab (gear icon).
- Select Settings >> Display & Sound >> Audio Output.
- Set Headset Format to Windows Sonic for Headphones.
- Go to Settings >> Devices >> Audio Devices.
- Set Input & Output Device to Headset Connected to Controller.
- Set Output to Headphones to All Audio.
- Set Volume Control (Headphones) level to maximum.
- Select Adjust Microphone Level and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your microphone.
NINTENDO SWITCH SETUP
Note: Chat available for games that support in-game chat capability.
PC/MAC & MOBILE SETUP
Note: If your PC uses separate Green/Pink connectors for audio, you will need a PC Splitter Cable.