Please follow the instructions below to get your Elite 800 headset set up for use with a PS4 or PS4 Pro console.
**PLEASE NOTE: Remove the clear plastic caps form the ends of the Digital Optical Cable before connecting.**
- Connect the USB end of the USB Transmitter Cable to a USB Port on the game console.
- Connect the micro-USB end of the USB Transmitter Cable to the main USB port on the Transmitter.
**NOTE: Do not use the USB Port labelled "PROGRAM ONLY".**
- Connect the Digital Optical Cable from the Digital Out port of the game console to the Digital In port of the Transmitter.
Once the headset and transmitter are connected, you'll need to configure the settings, as follows:
1. In the PS4 menu, go to Settings >> Sound and Screen >> Audio Output Settings >> Primary Output Port >> Digital Out (OPTICAL).
- Make sure ONLY Dolby Digital 5.1 ch. is selected.
- NOTE: Do not select DTS. Which the Elite 800 headset features DTS Headphone:X surround sound, the system requires a Dolby Digital input signal.
2. Go to Settings >> Sound and Screen >> Audio Output Settings >> Audio Format (Priority).
- Select Bitstream (Dolby).
3. Go to Settings >> Devices >> Audio Devices.
- Select USB Headset (Turtle Beach Elite 800 Chat) for Input & Output Device
- Set Output to Headphones to Chat Audio
- Set Volume Control (Headphones) level to maximum
4. Go to Settings >> Devices >> Audio Devices >> Headset and Headphones >> Microphone Level.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your microphone.