The Recon Controller has buttons that can be re-mapped to serve different functions.
You can map any of the controller buttons to the left and right quick action buttons. To do so:
1. First, select the profile you'd like to edit. Press the MODE button until the Button Mapping indicator lights up.
Then, press the SELECT button until your preferred profile number lights up.
2. Activate Mapping Mode by holding the SELECT button down for 2 seconds. The profile lights will blink.
3. On the bottom of the controller, press the Quick Action button you'd like to map to.
4. Then, select the button you'd like to map to that Quick Action button. The profile lights will blink again.
5. Save your assignment by holding the SELECT button down for 2 seconds.
PLEASE NOTE: New button mappings will override older ones. To delete a button mapping, repeat this process -- but when you reach Step 5, press the Quick Action button again.